MSc Construction Management with BIM
Enter the world of construction management and explore a range of topics to equip you with the skills to work in construction management with this online degree course.
Increasing populations create the need to build more buildings, bringing the demand for appropriately trained and qualified construction professionals to an all-time high.
Whether you’re an engineer, architect, or contractor, this degree is designed to equip you with the skills needed to enter the modern world of construction management and help apply the BIM technology to avoid delay and waste.
You will work on an integrated project which utilises real life construction scenarios preparing you for the challenges of the professional world.
What do I need to apply?
At least a 2.2 undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a Built Environment or Civil Engineering related degree.
Degrees outside of the specified discipline (non cognate) or applications from those not possessing the equivalent of an honours degree will be considered on individual merit and decisions will be based on careful evaluation of the capacity of the applicant to complete the programme successfully.
Participants whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written English language equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or IELTS 6.0.
How much will it cost?
September 2019 start: £15,800
January 2020 start: £15,800
May 2020 start: £15,800
What are the learning outcomes?
- Knowledge and application of the main principles of building technology, design and performance. This will include regulatory, procurement, legal, financial, social, technological aspects including Building Information Modelling during the inception, planning, design, construction, use and redundancy phases of the building process.
- Accept professional and ethical responsibility. Critical evaluation of knowledge and application of ethics and professionalism within the construction management role. Governance and corporate social responsibility in respect to procurement, finance and contractual processes and working practices.
- Appraise, evaluate and advise on current issues in construction including regulatory, legal, policy, sustainability, innovation and internationalisation.
- Analyse, solve and advise on construction management problems of an advanced technical, Quality assurance and managerial nature, with sound judgement.
- The ability to identify risks and integrate and ensure a safe working environment and risk management in terms of legislation, health and Safety, management and personal responsibility.
- Critical analysis of the multi-disciplinary nature of the construction process including collaboration and Building Information Modelling. The roles and responsibilities of the construction professionals and stakeholders, and a respect for the fellow team members in terms of both diversity and cultural values.
- Select and use a range of appropriate IT platforms for the efficient and appropriate completion of construction related tasks. Analyse, interpret and present information using appropriate information technology processes.
- Carry out independent in-depth research investigations of a specialised topic, applying appropriate ethical research methodologies. Produce professional reports in accordance with published conventions and/or client expectations.