# 3 All eyes on...Offshore Windenergie
11.06.2019 - adminDie Windenergie ist tragende Säule der Energiewende. Sie hat sich in den vergangenen Jahren rasant entwickelt und leistet heute einen bedeutenden Beitrag zur deutschen Stromversorgung.
Kurz- bis mittelfristig bietet die Windenergie das wirtschaftlichste Ausbaupotenzial unter den erneuerbaren Energien. Auch hier bietet Treasurize vielfältige Marktstudien an, beispielsweise die folgenden beiden.
Studie 1: Global Offshore Wind Energy Market
Wind energy is considered as the most efficient energy of all the renewable energies available globally. This is because it does not emit toxic substances and wastes and do not contaminate air or water. Wind farms can be based onshore (on land) or offshore (sea or freshwater).
As per the data by the World Wind Energy Association (WWEA), 80 countries across the globe are already using wind power on a commercial basis, wherein prominent countries, such as the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. are ranked first, second and eighth, respectively in terms of installed capacity (both onshore and offshore). Offshore wind power, i.e. the kinetic energy of the wind, is one of the sources of clean and renewable electricity/power for countries across the globe. The offshore wind power involves using energy from wind turbine to generate electricity. Wind farms are constructed off the coasts, usually on the continental shelf to produce the wind energy for electricity generation.
The offshore wind energy technology has attained considerable growth in a very short span of time, but there is clearly much development expected in terms of technological advancement. Increase in investments by governments, especially in the developing countries, such as China and India, rapid urbanization, and rising demand for clean and renewable energy, are expected to support the market growth of offshore wind energy. Offshore wind turbines prove to be more competent than onshore wind turbines due to the more consistent wind speed and direction.
Due to this, less number of turbines are required to be installed to generate the same amount of electricity as compared to onshore turbines. Moreover, offshore wind turbines do not interfere with regular land use. These prove to be advantageous with high energy potentials associated with the large areas and the stronger winds. Offshore wind infers better power generation; however, they have higher initial investment, operation, and maintenance costs. Although the fundamentals of technology are the same in both onshore and offshore, the offshore wind technology is expected to witness more advancements than the onshore technology.
According to the latest report by BIS Research, titled ‘Global Offshore Wind Energy Market: Analysis and Forecast (2018-2023)’, the global offshore wind energy market is projected to reach $50.45 billion by 2023. This growth is attributed to the rising demand for renewable energy sources for power generation, increasing investments in the offshore wind energy sector by several companies and government of different countries, and the government initiatives to reduce the carbon footprint.
Key Questions answered in the Report:
- What is the global offshore wind energy market size in terms of revenue from 2017-2023, and what will be with the growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What is the dominant component used in the offshore wind turbine for power generation?
- What is the revenue generated from the different components, such as turbine, substructure, electrical infrastructure, and others?
- What is the market size of offshore wind turbines for different locations, such as shallow water, transitional water, and deep water?
- What is the offshore wind energy market size for different regions on the basis of various locations and components?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market pertaining to countries included in different geographical regions?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry by analyzing the futuristic scenario of offshore wind energy?
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand for offshore wind turbines during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global offshore wind energy market?
- What kind of new strategies are adopted by the existing market players to expand their market position in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the offshore wind energy market by analyzing their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
Direkt zur Studie: Link
Studie 2: Offshore Wind Market by Component
“The offshore wind market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 15.32% from 2017 to 2022“
The offshore wind market is projected to reach USD 55.11 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 15.32% from 2017 to 2022. The offshore wind market has been rapidly growing, especially in Europe as it contributed the European Union (EU) to meet its renewable energy targets for 2020. The global demand for electric power is increasing due to various factors such as urbanization, increased industrialization, and economic development among others. Rising energy demand and energy efficiency mandates drive the demand for the offshore wind market. The offshore wind market is gaining acceptance due to its high capacity factor which makes it an important renewable resource to help in the reduction of CO2 emissions. Moreover, countries like China and the U.S. are also focusing on emission reduction.
“The monopile substructure segment is expected to be the largest market from 2017 to 2022”
With regard to the substructure segment, monopiles are expected to constitute the largest market from 2017 to 2022. This type of substructure is mostly the preferred foundation type in the shallow water location. It is mostly used for its simplicity, both in terms of installation and fabrication. Monopiles have been recently upgraded to be used in greater water depths and, thus, it is expected to maintain its position and cover the largest market during the forecast period.
“The nacelle component in the turbines is expected to be the largest segment for the offshore wind market from 2017 to 2022”
The nacelle is an important part of the turbine. It accounts for the maximum cost of the turbine as it comprises all the major power generation equipment, namely, generator, gearbox, bearings, yaw system, converter, transformer, and switchgear among others. Hence, it is an integral part of the turbine and is expected to hold the largest share in the turbine component during the forecast period.
“Europe: The largest market for the offshore wind market”
The market in Europe is currently the largest market for offshore wind, followed by Asia-Pacific and North America. Growth in the region is primarily driven by the U.K., Germany, and Denmark. The U.K. is expected to dominate the offshore wind market. Rising energy efficiency mandates by the countries for meeting European Union’s (EU) renewable energy targets for 2020, would result in increasing the demand for offshore wind energy in Europe.
Direkt zur Studie: Link
- Entdecken Sie, welche E-Learning-Kurse Treasurize zum Thema Recht bietet!
- Entdecken Sie, welche e-Learning-Kurse Treasurize zum Thema Bildbearbeitung bietet!
- Entdecken Sie, welche e-Learning-Kurse Treasurize zum Thema Technik bietet!
- Entdecken Sie, welche e-Learning-Kurse Treasurize zum Thema Unternehmensführung bietet!
- Entdecken Sie, welche e-Learning-Kurse Treasurize zum Thema Sprachen bietet!
Pflegefachkräfte in bestehende Teams zu integrieren, das ist die Hauptaufgabe der Mehrwert-Akademie in Kooperation mit der Hartmann Medical GmbH.Kategorie: Allgemein , eingestellt am 27.05.2019
Kategorie: Allgemein , eingestellt am 11.02.2019
Kategorie: Allgemein , eingestellt am 19.01.2019
Kategorie: Allgemein , eingestellt am 07.12.2018
Kategorie: Allgemein , eingestellt am 23.10.2018
Artikel in der Süddeutschen Zeitung über TreasurizeKategorie: Allgemein , eingestellt am 10.10.2018