Learn how to drive quality and productivity programs by mastering the powerful analytical and management tools of the Six Sigma methodology and the revolutionary concepts of Lean Management.
Six Sigma and Lean enable organizations to measure and analyze production processes, to eliminate waste and to evolve their management structures in order to motivate employees and improve quality and productivity.
The series of courses is provided in collaboration with the TUM School of Management Executive Education Center and the Chair of Production and Supply Chain Management.
In this Professional Certificate program, you will learn the fundamentals of the Six Sigma methodology and Lean Manufacturing. You will learn the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) process improvement cycle and examine how the principles of Lean production improve quality and productivity and enable organizational transformation.
You will be challenged to learn both the quantitative and qualitative methods associated with Six Sigma and Lean, including:
- problem definition;
- baseline performance measurement and process capability;
- measurement system analysis;
- root cause analysis;
- regression and correlation;
- design of experiments;
- control charts implementation.
Both descriptive and inferential statistics will be applied and all concepts are exercised using online problems and interactive exercises and case studies.
A TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate will help you advance your career, increase your salary earnings and improve your organization through your mastery of quality skills.
Upon successful completion of this program, learners will earn the TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certificate, confirming mastery of Lean Six Sigma theory to a Green Belt level. The Six Sigma material is based on the American Society for Quality (www.asq.org) Six Sigma Body of Knowledge up to a Green Belt level. The Lean Production course material is based on the TUM School of Management’s course in Lean Operations
The Professional Certificate program is designed as preparation for a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification project.
What you will learn
- To apply the Six Sigma methodology in your work or research, using the DMAIC process improvement cycle for identifying problems and quantitatively assess the impact of process changes
- To contribute actively in Six Sigma improvement projects by applying the necessary statistical analyses, interpreting the results, and driving change
- To perform process capacity analysis to evaluate process performance in terms of resource utilization and set up times in order to optimize throughput and minimize inventory
- To initiate Lean manufacturing transformation and analyze the new process flows to quantitatively assess productivity improvements
- To coach and motivate your colleagues to improve quality and productivity with Six Sigma and Lean