Health Administration, Policy and Leadership
Develop effective leadership and management skills and an understanding of the economics and governance of health for a leadership career in the health sector.
Why join this degree?
Effective leadership and management, as well as an understanding of the economics and governance of health policies, are vital in the health care sector. This degree provides a conceptual, strategic and practical toolkit to current and future health sector professionals to enable them to respond innovatively to challenges.
What do I need to apply?
- A recognised Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any area
- Equivalent of an Academic IELTS overall score of 6.0 with no band less than 6.0
What are the learning outcomes?
- Understand the interdependence of local, national and international healthcare challenges, and their intersection with key national and international health systems and institutions;
- Appreciate the legal, economic and social challenges of equitable and efficient healthcare financing and delivery;
- Be able to apply core theoretical and analytical perspectives and debates in health administration policy and leadership;
- Demonstrate high-level analytic skills to meet the demands of complex health industry challenges;
- Develop and evaluate health policy; and
- Display ethical management and leadership skills appropriate to the field.