In the past few years, genome of several species has been sequenced using the automated sanger sequencing. There have been limitations associated with the sanger sequencing, leading to the development of improved sequencing technologies that are capable of sequencing a large number of human genome and are also capable of addressing the problems that were initially hindering growth of the next-generation sequencing (NGS) market. Further, several research centres initiated the designing of the new sequencing technologies which would not require gels and would allow sequencing of a large number of samples in parallel. The three parallel technologies that were introduced in the early 21st century are Polonator, the Heliscope Single Molecule Sequencer Technology, and the Ion Semi-Conductor (Torrent Ion Sequencing). Since the introduction of these technologies, several attempts were made in the past to generate efficient sequencing technologies that would rely on single molecules, excluding the need for amplification steps. The two promising such technologies are Pacific Single molecule real time (SMRT) DNA sequencing and nanopore DNA sequencing. The advent of aforementioned technologies has unleased some novel methods which hold the potential to make the $100 genome dream a reality in the near future. These high-throughput sequencing methods have introduced new fields in the industry, which include analysis of RNA transcript, personal genomics, ChiP-Seq (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation sequencing), and ChiP-chip (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation coupled to DNA microarray), among others.
NGS in the clinical setting requires infrastructure, such as storage and computer capacity, and also the personnel expertise required to comprehensively analyse and interpret the subsequent data.
In addition, the volume of the data needs to be managed skilfully to properly extract the clinically important functions in a robust and clear interface.
According to the latest report by BIS Research, titled ‘Global Next-Generation Sequencing Market – Analysis and Forecast (2019-2024)’, the global next-generation sequencing market was $4.93 billion in 2018 and is estimated to grow over $9.91 billion by 2024. The global next-generation sequencing market is expected to grow with a double-digit compound annual growth rate between the years 2019 and 2024.
Companies Mentioned in the Report:
• 10x Genomics
• Agilent Technologies, Inc.
• Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc
• bioMérieux SA
• Danaher Corporation
• F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
• Illumina, Inc.
• New England Biolabs, Inc
• NuGEN Technologies, Inc.
• Oxford Nanopore Technologies Limited
• Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.
• QIAGEN N.V.
• PerkinElmer, Inc.
• Thermo Fisher Scientific
Key Questions Addressed in the Report:
• What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global NGS market?
• How did the NGS market evolve and what is its scope in the future?
• What was the market share of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global NGS market in 2018?
• How is each segment of the global NGS market expected to grow during the forecast period, and how much revenue is expected to be generated by each of the segments by the end of 2024?
• What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
• What is the influential stake held by the sequencing technology providers in the global NGS market?
• What is the growth potential of different sequencing technologies in the forecast period 2019-2024?
• What is expected to be the impact of commercialization of the portable sequencers on global healthcare industry?
• What are the required features for an instrument to make $100 per genome sequencing a reality?
• What is industry’s best value chain practice?
• Which are the leading raw material providers to the players offering NGS kits and consumables?
• What is the market dominance by key players in each region?
• How is the industry expected to evolve during the forecast period 2019- 2024?
• What are the key developmental strategies which are being implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
• Which are the key service providers of the NGS market?
• What is the funding scenario for the emerging companies that are investing substantial amount into the development of propitious technologies or products for bringing forth the evolution of the NGS market?
• How has the market been segmented on the basis of sequencing technology? Which NGS technology is being adopted extensively for undertaking the sequencing procedure?
• What is the market share of the companies by different segments, namely products, technology, applications, and geography, along with the global share analysis of the market?
Hinweise zum Kauf
Vor dem Kauf können Sie zu allen unseren Studien ausführliche Informationen anfordern. Sie erhalten dann eine Zusammenfassung der Studien, ein Inhaltsverzeichnis und eine Aufstellung aller Tabellen. Sprechen Sie uns hierzu gerne an. Unter firstname.lastname@example.org ist unser Team gerne behilflich.