Universität Carlos III de Madrid
- Universität Carlos III de Madrid
Calle Madrid, 126
28903 Getafe, Spanien
- Universitäten & Hochschulen
UC3M was established by an Act of the Spanish Parliament on 5 May 1989, within the framework of the University Reform Act of 1983. From the outset it was intended to be a relatively small, innovative, public university, providing teaching of the highest quality and focused primarily on research. Our first Chancellor was Professor Gregorio Peces-Barba.Mission
UC3M´s mission is to contribute to the improvement of society through teaching of the highest quality and cutting-edge research in line with stringent international guidelines. The University aspires to excellence in all its activities, with the aim of becoming one of the top universities in Europe.Values
The university actively encourages the personal development of all those connected to the higher education community. All our activities are guided by the values of merit, ability, efficiency, transparency, fairness, equality and respect for the environment.
All UC3M courses are divided into three groups, (bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degrees), with the following programmes:
- 45 bachelor’s courses (17 in Social Sciences and Law, 1 in Humanities, 14 in Engineering, 2 in Guardia Civil University Centre) and 11 combined degree courses.
- 77 official master's courses (24 in Law, 16 in Economics and Business, 10 in Humanities, Communication, Information and Social Sciences and 27 in Engineering and Basic Sciences) plus 31 private master courses.
- 19 doctorate courses in the varying fields of investigative research ongoing at the university.
- All undergraduate students at UC3M, on all degree courses, have Humanities courses included in their study programmes.
- UC3M offers a wide range of extra-curricular activities:
- One of the very best university auditoriums in Spain with a full programme of dance, music and theatre.
- We encourage students and other members of the university community to take an active part in social programmes and charity work.
- State-of-the-art sports facilities for all types of sporting pursuits.